Sunday, May 27, 2012

Brass and Still Life II

Like the previous Brass and Still Life painting, I wanted to paint a brass subject. Using a slightly different set up, I tried out  a different composition.  Not sure which one I like better, but I would love to hear your thoughts on which Brass Still Life appeals to you.  Traditionally,  I have always loved oil paintings that depicted onions and eggs and since they share similar colours I wanted to integrate these items to off set the cool brassy notes.  Currently I have not been painting as I was preparing for a three week sketching course that I recently taught at the university.  Sketching is one of my favourite things to do because I draw from life.  With both sketching and painting from life, I enjoy the valuable experience of connecting to my subjects and the challenge of seeing rich tones of colours from my subjects.  I am looking forward to getting back to painting in oils as my class at the university is finished.

8x10"
Oil on museum quality panel
$120.00 unframed
$155.00 framed
(plus shipping and handling)
susanne@lamorearts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...