Monday, October 22, 2012

Simba

I had started this drawing in early September, but let it sit for some time before posting it. Leaving a drawing for awhile allows me to take visual break from a piece when I believe I am finished.  When I go back to the drawing, I am able to look at it with fresh eyes and adjust the values or texture as need be.  Currently, this is drawing is the last one for a while that I will do of a cat (although I still need to post a commissioned feline drawing that I completed in September).  It is not because I am tired drawing cats, rather, I want to explore the challenge of drawing people.  Simba was on display at the group show this past weekend (see previous post), however, all of my felines plus Ama will be for sale at an upcoming solo show in March.




Simba
9x12"
Pastel
Currently Unavailable

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...