Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pixie II

Well I did get my vitamin N during the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, however, I did not unload those branches after all.  I was somewhat disappointed when I came home to discover that my parents already completed the strenuous task. However, my father did leave one branch for me to contribute my effort on the farm.  Well on Sunday, my father and myself went for that walk across the field and I did indeed bring that branch and made my contribution to clean up the mess from the windy summer.  Although the weather on that weekend was not particularly good, I did manage to walk everyday and enjoyed the experience tremendously.  With my sister and her family, she brought her friend's dog to the farm and it was quite enjoyable walking with him alone in the morning.

The drawing above, Pixie II, has been completed for sometime now.  With this pose of Pixie, she is  sitting down across the sofa looking out a window and her attentive gaze is what inspired me to draw this portrait.  Although this pose is very similar (but not exact) to the previous drawing I did of her awhile back, I wanted to explore black pastels for this composition. This weekend Pixie will be in group show at City Hall in St. Albert.  I will be exhibiting four pastel drawings and five oil paintings.
Tomorrow, if there is time, I will be posting another drawing of a cat in brown pastels.


Pixe II
Pastel
For Sale

2 comments:

  1. Your work is amazing Susanne. Sorry to not have visited in some time. I have not been blogging much since June. Just last week i spent a week in Procter BC housesitting for a lady who breeds Siberian Cats. They were hilarious and i now have a new appreciation for cats as i was pretty much a dog lover before. These guys kept me going! I had 19 to look after! Seven of them were three weeks old, so Mom did most of the work there. But i just loved them for their quirkiness. Your cat portraits captures their charm beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...